Old Registration Number?

SGT Sailor

Maybe someone could help me. I am in the precess of restoring a '69 sunfish on the Island of Okinawa, Japan. The only history I know on the boat is the guy I bought it from bought it from a Marine on island some 3-4 years ago. I don't know how long its been on island or where its port of origin is. I assume its the US. The only thing I can find is what looks like and old reg number in the oxidation of the gel-coat under the 6 layers of paint I just sanded off. CBE-NHA-85 is what I can make out. So far its a good little boat. It has taken a lot of work filing holes and readying it for fresh paint. If i was in the states I probably would just buy a better one but to my knowledge this is possibly the only sunfish on island and one of the few small sailboats around. I have amassed quite an education about sailing and restoring sunfish from this website over the last month. It has been both a great reference and an inspiration to me. I thank all of you for your continued, although up until now, unknown support.

Maybe not a registration number, but an unconventional name for a boat shared by two people or maybe owned by a Commander of the British Empire with the initials NHA.

Back