Old Boat, New Sail

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
This 1970 Sunfish is a bit of a beach banger, but it is light and dry and complete. I bought a new sail for it from Intensity and added the Sunfish logo to each side. A crisp new sail with a clear window sure dresses up a boat!
Winding down my season of flipping, I just listed this one. It has been a banner year for selling boats and boat parts!
4477FEA6-EF21-4ABD-A9AE-A51B46F8B89C.jpeg

Interesting, I ordered 2 Intensity sails and both came with the Sunfish logo.
When did you order them? When I asked Jim at Intensity Sails about the Sunfish logos (back in 2009), I got this response:
"It should not and will not in the future but our current inventory mistakenly has logos on it. This was an error and has been corrected for future sails. "

So I ended up ordering a sail from APS instead.... it did NOT have a logo.

The Intensity site says it doesn’t come with the logo, and it didn’t, as they are not licensed Sunfish dealers. Still a very nice sail. You must have gotten the last of the inventory.

I get it, L&VW, I feel the same way. As that Sunfish above drove away with the new owner I got a twinge of sadness- I always do. But the buyer was a great guy. Later that evening he sent me a text thanking me and saying what a blast two adults and a kid had sailing that day. That’s what it’s all about- spreading the joy.
On to the next one, the old wooden Sailfish that keeps getting bumped. It has waited patiently against the garage wall for about 5 years now. Time to dust it off and give it a spot on the Seitech to see what it needs to get back where it belongs.
Would love to see some pics of your latest work, L&VW!

Back