oh gosh...

mixmkr

Just bought another Sunfish. Pristine condition, dry and light. 1983 vintage. Sails and blades have always been stored indoors and are almost like new. Unbelievable. At a lake house that basically they got tired of mowing around the hull, which hasn't seen water in 20 years. Basically the bottom is dirty, from being stored upside down. One little ding, that I can easily fix. How can you pass these up. KILLER price!

Good score, makes ya wonder why nobody on that property used it over the past two decades... in the old days, the younger generation would step up and assume the responsibility (and the fun) of small craft ownership and/or maintenance, but nowadays I suppose they're too wrapped up in video games and social media. A sad reflection upon modern society... but a nice find for you. Pretty soon you'll have an entire fleet---might as well teach the dawg to solo sail, that way you'll have some competition on the lake. Good practice for tacking & gybing duels, if the dawg starts winning those you'll have to work on your tactics, LOL. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually the owner is quite a bit older, and I'm thinking grand children...if not great grands....which I'm thinking didn't frequent the lake house, but more of their parent's endeavors...which are beyond their "youth" Sunfish days. Actually around here in the midwest, other one designs like y flyers, lightnings, flying Scots ....etc although certainly not new designs, seem to be more dominate.

Roger that, it just seems like such a waste with the boat right there on the lake, ya know? I'd build or slap a shed right there by the shore to serve as a boathouse, and drag the damned thing to the water's edge by myself if necessary. But WTF, it was still a solid score for you, no worries there... one small ding to repair, PFFFFFFT, ya got it easy, LOL. :rolleyes:

Back