NZ wins LV Cup

Chainsaw

Brmmm Brmmm
or more importantly,

Australia doesn't.

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to point that out.

haha.

Poor aussies. you guys ok over there? Still sailing?

Dean Barker went back to lasers after geting slam dunked by Russell Coutts and Alinghi last time, didn't he? Any connection in his increased skill do you think?

Now that I think of it Saw, Deano actually went back to Finn's to prepare for the Olympics

NZ also has Kevin Hall, the US Finn rep for '04 as navigator and of course, Ben A, so you can bet there is some extra-cirucular Finn sailing out of the NZ compound.

Luca Devoti, and Ian Perci are also sailing, or were, their teams didn't make it

Now that I think of it Saw, Deano actually went back to Finn's to prepare for the Olympics

yeah true. His bio says he hasn't seen the cockpit of a laser since 1993.

Must have chubbed up.

Anyhoo, bought a PCI TV thingy for the ol' PC here so I can watch the action. Should be a good series.

I see Alinghi are getting all squarky and the chief all self righteous about the money they lent us to race last time. (Hell, they got it back too, what more can they ask.)

They didn't like the idea of NZ reintroducing nationality rules if they won again.

Let that be a lesson to you other nationalities: If you lend a kiwi cash, make sure you charge interest, because you won't get gratitude. Nothing personal, it's just business. :rolleyes:

But it's early days. We could get wiped off the course.

I hope the bring nationality rules, you guys have enough to field 4 teams! or one really good one!

and maybe we could have a chance of having a decent team...

you better win!

I liked Jobson's true American AC Team line up in the last Sailing World. I've sailed with and against Paul Forester and it has amazed me that no one has picked him up to skipper an AC boat. Actually, I think I recall one or two making offers, but after he finally got his 470 gold he was more comfortable staying home with his new kid and desiging rockets for raytheon.

Bringing back nationality rules will encourage those "dream teams" of sailing. I'm interested to see how Brad Butterworth goes as skipper rather than tactian and how the afterguard works on Alinghi with a skilled tactian taking advice from another, as well as having his hands on the wheel. It would be pretty hard to turn off in a tense moment, even if it would be the professional thing to do.

I liked Jobson's true American AC Team line up in the last Sailing World. I've sailed with and against Paul Forester and it has amazed me that no one has picked him up to skipper an AC boat. Actually, I think I recall one or two making offers, but after he finally got his 470 gold he was more comfortable staying home with his new kid and desiging rockets for raytheon.

the question is, can he match race?

Yes he can. That's when I crewed for him. Also, check his final race for the gold in Athens. He need the Brits to tank the final race. He jumped on them at the start and drove them back to dead last. He finished 2nd to dead last, but used it as his drop as he had one to give. They did not.

Back