Not sailing solo anymore...

norcalsail

I connected with some local guys from the Laser forum and went sailing on Tomales Bay. Really fun to sail with others; sometimes so close we could almost high five. Played follow the leader back and forth across the bay- one of the best days in recent memory! These guys have been sailing here for the last thirty years so I was really honored to be able to join them yesterday.

Attachments

• 20180922_131324.jpg
    20180922_131324.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 20180922_131335.jpg
    20180922_131335.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 20180922_131421.jpg
    20180922_131421.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • 20180922_144018.jpg
    20180922_144018.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 20180922_131906.jpg
    20180922_131906.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • 20180922_131742.jpg
    20180922_131742.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Hey Light and Variable, what is a "transom"? And could it help me sail better with these guys?
I"ll jump in for L&VW, as he was referring to Sunfish buttocks. If these guys are seeing your "Sunfish buttocks", you may not need much help with sailing! ;-)

I"ll jump in for L&VW, as he was referring to Sunfish buttocks. If these guys are seeing your "Sunfish buttocks", you may not need much help with sailing! ;-)

I am definitely the slower one of this group. I had read talk of a "360 penalty" on the Laser Forum and wondered what it was. Well, Eyeper was doing this maneuver around a marker yesterday... tack, gybe, tack, gybe...really fast and ducking under the boom over and over.. great sailing!

Sounds great. There was an article in the current edition of Small Craft Advisor on sailing Tomales Bay. I’m going to do it one of these days.
Hey Barnacle, hope to see you out there one day. We put in just south of Marconi, you can see it on google maps satellite. Great place; I'm almost exactly an hour away so a pretty good place for me.

Hey Barnacle, hope to see you out there one day. We put in just south of Marconi, you can see it on google maps satellite. Great place; I'm almost exactly an hour away so a pretty good place for me.
Norcalsail: Really sounds nice. I’m putting Tomales Bay on my sailing “bucket list”. I spent a summer in Petaluma (Two Rock) a long, long, time ago (Coast Guard training facility) and really love the area. Hope to see you on the water there one of these days soon.

I saw a post by Andy when I first joined and it pushed me toward the Bay. Though I had wanted to keep to fresh water, Tomales is the best place to sail in this area...my mind is changed!
Hi Norcalsail,

Glad you had a nice day out with The Gang. Yup, Tomales is one of the best places to sail. I'll send you a private message with videos of the other places we sail depending on the weather conditions.

Still finishing up work on my Laser but eventually will run into you at Tomales.

Cheers,

- Andy

Hi Norcalsail,

Glad you had a nice day out with The Gang. Yup, Tomales is one of the best places to sail. I'll send you a private message with videos of the other places we sail depending on the weather conditions.

Still finishing up work on my Laser but eventually will run into you at Tomales.

Cheers,

- Andy
Very much looking forward to that Andy, there is a tentative date for Drakes Estero on Nov. 24th. Also will look forward to the videos!

Back