Not great sailing weather in Michigan right now

4cpus4me

Wea.jpg

Snowed two weeks ago in Iowa. Put away the boat for the first time. Sheeez, :eek: the minifish displaces a lot of gear. Got the wife's car in, but it's going to be a tight fit for my car.

Didja store the Minifish on her rail in a simple padded wooden cradle? That gives ya more room with the boat stored up against a wall... a wooden rack & shelf combo above can hold spars, sail gear, etc. :rolleyes:

Still lurkin' with a cold one, LOL... some folks go the overhead route, but ya gotta have the space, whereas this rail storage method easily reduces the area needed to store one's boat. With my Minifish, I stored the boat on the starboard rail so the drain plug would allow any condensation to run off... but my boat was outside, that might not be a factor if your boat is in a garage. I'm gonna try to find a shot or two of my Minifish (or Laser) stored upright against a wall of my home in Coronado... I think there might be a shot or two on that computer (tablet) that some expert is working on now, in order to salvage my photos. We shall see in due time, but yes, this storage method is excellent and you can use the space directly above the hull to store all other sail gear (including spars). :cool:

Well, I reckon it's time to go watch a movie before dinner, I'm not hungry yet because I had a good lunch... but I'm thinking about one of those custom homemade carne asada burritos later, LOL. ;)

Fine weather here today, absolutely perfect... this is probably what y'all will be seeing in a few days, nothing but blue skies & sunshine, LOL. :rolleyes:

I made up a hoist for my Minifish. I put a round head bolt into a joist, put a block and tackle from eBay into the round head. I got slings capable of lifting 600 lbs each and put one in the front, one in the rear and used PVC pipe to keep them separated. It was easy to lift solo and kept the Fish off the walls and out of the way :)

Back