Northeast Winter Blues

bigsky

Each week I visit this website to see what may be the new topic or story of the day. I look forward to it and enjoy the vairous photos of warmer days gone by. But there has been very little the past few months. A new boat for sale here, a web site update notice there (by the way, it looks great) but no tales, no ramblings about various adventures on the high seas or the low lakes.

Here in Southeastern PA, it's been a mild winter so far. In fact, they are calling for 64 degrees later this week however it is sure to get back to highs in the 20's in no time flat. It looks like another 3 months, 16 days, 12 hours and 24 minutes until I can launch her once again and test my skills to the wind.

All of thoes who have the pure joy of sailing year round, a few of us would surely enjoy a tale or two (good, bad or ugly) if for no other reason but to imagine the wind on our face.

Bigsky

Couldn't agree more

As I am stuck here in Ohio I can't wait to get my boat back in the water on sandusky bay. I can't help but think of the good times I had with our dockmates and of my old snark wildflower that I managed to shove the mast through while racing our friend 30 footer in the middle of the bay, and the part that really dissapoints me is that I was winning.

Pirate Party

I have attached a picture of our pirate party on my catalina 14.2 take a look i hope it will make you feel better

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 238
Pirate Kris

Kris,

That's a great photo. You need to submit it to the Capri photo section so it can get in the rotation. How many "pirates" did you have on board? I don't think I've ever seen a Capri sitting so low in the water.

Do you race other Capri 14.2s in Sandusky? I've yet to find a club in Southwestern, Ohio that has any Capris. C'mon down I-75 and well form a fleet.

Jerry :cool:

As far as I know I have the only capri 14.2 in sandusky. It would be great to race possibly somtime, I actualy live in Lancaster so I shouold be pretty close to you. By the way I think I had five people in that boat, it was great fun

Look like fun. And it looks WARM!!!!!!!!

It's 21 degrees where I live. brrrr!!!!!

Send me the photo and I'll get it into the rotation.

Back