North West Racing

CrazyBrit

I'm new to North American sailing and want to get back into racing Lasers after a bit of a hiatus. When I raced back in the UK, various clubs arranged "Open Meetings" to which they invited Class members from other clubs. Is this the case in the Pacific North West? Where can I find a calender of events, or is the lack of current information just because of the time of year?
My local club only seems to use their Lasers for training and currently does not have a dinghy race program. I am located in mid Vancouver Island in region 6.
Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of dinghy racing going on mid-Island. It's awaiting someone like yourself to get it organized :D

You may want to contact the Royal Victoria Yacht Club to see if they know of anything going on further north on the Island: http://www.rvyc.bc.ca

Good luck, and feel free to do a road-trip over to the mainland to join us for a sail :)

Hello All,
Thank you for the advice. I''ll keep an eye open for the regatta postings in the New Year.
Thank you for the invite to sail in Surrey. When I get a boat sorted, I will probably take you up on the offer. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Mark.

Back