North Carolina sailing ...

darekski

Planning a trip to North Carolina in July - which will be mostly a family get together. Myself and daughter are Laser sailors - and would like any advice on options on how to go for a sail whilst there. Most likely we'll be somewhere near Nags Head. If we can get into a couple of Lasers or even join in some racing, would be great - but other dinghies would be better than nothing. We won't be able to bring much kit with us as travelling from the UK. Ideally would have liked for family to want to go to Clearwater, FA as I've seen good reviews on the 'SailFit' place there. Any advice on options in NC would be appreciated. Thanks. Daz

Check out Sail NC or Real Kite shop, (think they have hobie's). Both are in the OBX. Anywhere else will be a 3 hr car ride at a minimum....

Thanks Rob - I'll check them out. Do you know if there is any club / racing scene locally (perhaps even in lasers!) - or is that non-existent?

Thanks Rob - I'll check them out. Do you know if there is any club / racing scene locally (perhaps even in lasers!) - or is that non-existent?

Nothing in OBX. Sail NC is your best bet. Used to be a fleet in Oriental, but I don't think they sail anymore. June is a big open regatta month for the summer regattas in the Carolinas. We'll have an event in Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC in June. Expecting close to 20 full rigs and 15+ radials at each event. Both are a hike from OBX though....Check out the SAYRA website for clubs that are close and any regattas scheduled.

Back