North Carolina Laser racing events

gibsailor

Have been racing most of my life and recently picked up a used laser in decent shape. Looking to get these old bones back on the water for some racing. Any recommendations on events in the Carolina's that may offer Masters division regatta's or club racing? Lake Norman area. With the Covid stuff going on its hard to know if anyone is really racing these days?

You're in District 12. Check out our webpage. You can get a link to it from the ILCA NA site or Laser.org. Our next event is LNYC Sept 26-27. Registration on Regatta Network. COVID has pretty much shut down our season, but we're usually very active with 7 regattas across the year. We have a big group of masters sailors and Jr sailors who mostly sail radials and 4.7 rigs. After LNYC we'll finish the season in Columbia at CSC on the first weekend of November. That event drew nearly 60 lasers last year. I'm the D12 secretary so hit me up with any questions!

Thanks Rob. I will certainly check out the link. Is the event in Sept. at Lake Norman YC?? The Columbia event sounds great. Last big one design event i raced in had over 50 boats at the C-Scow Nationals about 20 years ago. Look forward to getting on the water again. Wont be that competitive to start out with an old boat that needs some work but i think i can push her around the course a bit.

Back