no more dumb questions lets talk about lasers (whats the best way to keep your sail)

pzl&24

wich way do you prefer to keep your sail:
rolled in the mast folded rolled just like that

i roll my sails in a pvc tube this i s a good way i think

I take them off and fold them the proper way so they fit into the sail bag. However, when you do this you must try to never fold it on the same crease every time otherwise it will stretch and weaken the sail at those fold and crease lines.

>>>However, when you do this you must try to never fold it on the same crease every time otherwise it will stretch and weaken the sail at those fold and crease lines<<<

Where did you get your info about the sail stretching ? It doesn't happen with a Laser sail because...The 3.8oz dacron used for Laser sails is not heavily coated with resin like some other classes use (470 for example) so if you happen to fold it in the same area you are not breaking yarns or breaking down the resin coating.

About the only caution you need to take is avoid folding the window. You can crack that material in cold weather, and creases in window material don't flatten out in light air....

Rolling has to be better than folding; I roll my sail around the mast top section and put it in a sail bag after rinsing it with fresh water after racing.

Back