No Excuses Now! New Sail....

Rob B

Well the new sail just arrived. No excuses to go slow now! Jeez, those things are pricey. Just $20 shy of $500.00 now.

Don't feel too bad Rob, laser sails here in Australia cost A$850 which at US76c to the A$ is about US$650 !! I haven't heard any good excuse for the extra US$150 yet. No wonder they're a popular item to bring back whenever a laser sailor visits the US.

If anyone happens to be coming to Perth WA in the near future .....

new full (rolled) sail here in GRB is £410.00
" " (folded) " " " " " £379.00

the same price is charged for the radial
but!......
a 4.7 rolled sail is £375
a 4.7 folded sail is £ 350

How do old foils make a difference in the boats performance?(as long as they are not bent, cracked, or chiped) Why are new spars important (boom, top section) i see many bent booms........

No. The new sail was the last thing I needed to get the boat perfect. I just refinished my foils. It's amazing what you can do w/MarineTex a can of Krylon Enamel spray paint and some 320, 400, 600 grit wet sanding paper. No bent spars either.

Don't worry, you will certainly find something like "The wind was all over the place", " I'm too light for this kind of wind (I wish I could say that!!! :p )" or "This guy got lucky with the last shift" and so on. I guess we can come up with an infinite number of excuses to explain sub expectation results.

I am glad for you that you will not blame your boat condition but again, a figure of eight knot slips so easily or...

Have fun

François

Back