Nice board!

Nora

What timing! I have had a Laser for a while now, but in Colorado it's hard to find decent water. I'm in Long Beach now, and trying to get back on the sailing bandwagon. Today, I decided to search around for some good web sites and found this one. And yesterday you started a very nice looking discussion board! This bodes very well.

So greetings to all, and I look forward to sharing thoughts with you. :)

Nora

[quote:3d71da999f="Nora"]What timing! I have had a Laser for a while now, but in Colorado it's hard to find decent water. I'm in Long Beach now, and trying to get back on the sailing bandwagon. Today, I decided to search around for some good web sites and found this one. And yesterday you started a very nice looking discussion board! This bodes very well.

So greetings to all, and I look forward to sharing thoughts with you. :)

Nora[/quote:3d71da999f]

Nora,

Welcome aboard..!!

How long have you been sailing.? Are you Lasering in Long Beach..? if so how are the conditions....? let us know if you find a sweet spot.

I have been sailing since I was a kid, so about 30 years. I'm not very good at this Laser yet. Yeah, it's like riding a bike, doesn't take great thought to get the boat around, but I'm sort of clunking around on it. You should have seen the jibe I tried Sunday.

I am sailing in Alamitos Bay, which can be quite windy, but remains calm on the surface. When I get better, I may try more open water, like Long Beach Harbor or (gasp!) the ocean.

Right now my poor boat is in a storage facility, so I can't sail very often (logistical problems). I can't find anywhere to keep it near the water. The city has a bunch of racks for small boats, but they're renovating it, so that's not available. If anyone knows of anyone with a dock in Alamitos Bay where I can keep my Laser, please let me know!

Back