Media Newly restored 1970's sunfish

shutterman0991

I'm 15 years old and I am a member of the Sea Scouts. I put about 5 weeks of work in it and 1100 dollars in new parts (including a new racing sail).

Here's a picture of my beauty!
IMG_5716.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

Best looking boat in the fleet! (See top photo). Nice job with the inspection ports and the deck paint looks great, too. What's with the milk jug at the head of the sail?

Very nice restoration - nothing quite like a new paint job and a crisp, new white sail. Nat Herreshoff once said that the only two colors to paint a yacht were white and black and only a fool would paint one black . The same applies to sails.

I assume the plastic milk bottle is for "turn turtle" protection.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Thanks for the feedback! And yes, the jug is for the turtling. I hadnt taken it out before and since I am in Corpus Christi, the winds are very unstable and can jump about 10 knots in about an hour... it always good to be prepared!

Thanks for the feedback! And yes, the jug is for the turtling. I hadnt taken it out before and since I am in Corpus Christi, the winds are very unstable and can jump about 10 knots in about an hour... it always good to be prepared!

Back