New to a J-24

RPMS

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, having just purchased a J-24. While I am not new to sailing, I'm entirely new to the boat, so have many questions and would welcome some help.

I'm considering replacing some of the running rigging. Could anyone recommend some high quality, good value brands and sellers? Also, does anyone know of a chart of recommended line diameters for their respective uses on a J-24?

Lastly, I would like to replace the safety line that encirlcles the boat running through the stanchion poles and the front and aft pulpits. Could you also recommend where I could go for a new one?

Thanks,
Paul

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, having just purchased a J-24. While I am not new to sailing, I'm entirely new to the boat, so have many questions and would welcome some help.

I'm considering replacing some of the running rigging. Could anyone recommend some high quality, good value brands and sellers? Also, does anyone know of a chart of recommended line diameters for their respective uses on a J-24?

Lastly, I would like to replace the safety line that encirlcles the boat running through the stanchion poles and the front and aft pulpits. Could you also recommend where I could go for a new one?

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul, also new to the J24 and Sailing, been a powerboat racer my entire life i found 2 good links one is aps, has most your answers http://www.apsltd.com/ and http://www.mauriprosailing.com/best of luck

Hello,

Thanks,
Paul

Either place mentioned will do a fine job. The best way to do this is to save any hardware attached to the old lifelines and then ship them to whoever you choose. The lengths are not precise as the bow and stern rails can differ on their attachment points to the deck. You should also measure running rigging to ensure they send you back the length you want. I'd either order line whipping materials and do it yourself or have the ends whipped.

Back