New Sunfish

pulpfiction

Looking to buy new Sunfish as first sailboat.

I cannot seem to find any in stock. Are they that popular that a new one is not available?

Anybody know where I can find one?

I know a used one is an option but I prefer brand new.

Thanks

Looking to buy new Sunfish as first sailboat.

I cannot seem to find any in stock. Are they that popular that a new one is not available?

Anybody know where I can find one?

I know a used one is an option but I prefer brand new.

Thanks

Why not learn new-sailor mistakes on an "experienced boat"? :)

Once you've bought a new one—it's then "used". ;)

Chances are, a new $130 sail will make the difference between a new and used Sunfish. :cool:

Check out the "Sunfish for Sale" ads. (In the banner—above).

For reasons no one can figure out, the manufacturer pretty much stopped making boats over the past two years. They say lots are headed to the Us now. Also seems odd that you’d send inventory to US dealers after the summer season has ended

Anyway hopefully they will show up.

I facebook messaged with the question Sunfish and they replied that there are no dealers with new boats down in SE Florida right now. They said the best alternative right now is to order the boat through them and they will ship it down. What part of SE Florida?

PS You might check with a few dealers to see if any of them have 2014-2017 "new" boats available. They may have been sailed once for Worlds or Midwinters etc...and possibly get a nice price.

Checked with my dealer here in Pensacola Beach, Kirk Newkirk at Key Sailing. He has 2 boats, that were sailed twice in a race regatta. The recreational sails that the boat came with were not used, they are still new. I believe the boats are 2014s but I am waiting to hear back. I also believe he may offer a discount, a good way to get into a new boat cheap.

Road trip? If you need a trailer Kirk can get you one from our trailer guy in Milton, for around $700. Galvanized, 12 inch wheels, fenders, winch.

Cheers
Kent

More ideas

Hi Kent!

I would suggest they give a try at the Tackle Shack in the Tampa area. Otherwise the ballpark cost for shipping down to SE Florida is $350.00. If it is LTL (Less than truckload) it could be a little bit higher. I hope that helps!

Best,
Olivia

From the dealer in Pensacola Beach Key Sailing

"They would have to pick it up as they are out of the boxes. They are 2014’s I’ll have to go look and see what color stripes they have. One is the blue stripe and one is the yellow stripe. Both going from bow to stern down the middle. $3500 each. "

Pretty good savings!

Last edited:

Back