Class Politics New stuff on drLaser website

U

Unregistered

Hi,

The following from the NA Mailing List. By permission of author. Thought it might interest some here, too. But author had no interest in posting it here himself.

URL of article referred to below:
http://www.drlaser.org/ILCA-NA/NAfails.html

Cheers!

Aysen

Hi,

Until April 2003, drLaser has first expressed its concerns about ILCA-NA
privately to the ILCA-NA administration, and then publicly on the NA
Mailing List and a new ILCA-NA Forum, without bringing the issues to the
attention of the 30,000+ readers of drLaser. ILCA-NA has generally
remained unresponsive to such private or public criticism. Any
corrective actions taken by ILCA-NA were taken quietly, and only in
response to severe public pressure.

drLaser now feels sufficiently strongly about these wrongdoings to
develop, maintain and present a special "corner" to Laser sailors
world-wide.

As of 11:45 EST, a whole new sub-section titled "NEW ILCA-NA Leadership
FLUNKS!" composed of about 120 summary documents is made available in
the "Class & Racing Rules" section of the drLaser website, also linked
through all site core pages. The sub-section draws attention to the
incompetent, unethical, immoral and undemocratic practices of the Class
administration in North America.

Regular readers of this mailing List will be familiar with the content.
New are only an "Editorial" and two nice summaries of some of the events
of September 2002 to March 2003.

Comments were solicited (but not received) prior to publication from all
volunteer members of the ILCA-NA leadership.

Best regards,

Editor, drLaser
ex ILCA-NA Member

I cannot allow for post by Mr. Gunter to Appear on the forum unless express written (snail mail) is given by himself. Thanks for understanding that I am only doing this because of several threatened law suits.

Thank you
TLF Admin

Update: Permission Was recieved and the post was reinstated. The following post do not make a lot of since.

Dear Bradley,

When I sent in the message containing a quote from Shevy, I had already obtained his permission, a fact which I believe he has now also confirmed to you.

I can understand your concern, but it is not valid in this instance.

Please put back the quote, as otherwise, you will have edited my mail without my knowledge, permission or consent, which is tantamount to censoring - something which I thought was not done on this forum.

Thank you.

Aysen

I must recieve written permission as this is the only thing exceptable with my hosting company. Just because someone said he said it was ok doesn't count. Thank you for understanding. If you have any further questions please email me and I will explain in further detail.

Bradley,

You know and I know that you have been given written consent for that quote to be published.

A mail to that very effect is sitting in your mailbox. I know, becuase I have been sent a copy too. I can even quote THAT if you want.

You know and I know that there is nothing illegal about publishing THAT particular quote on the forum. Your insistence on not putting the quote where it belongs is unethical, and is an act of censoring.

Since the excuse of 'illegality' is not valid, I have to assume you have other reasons for censoring my post. One wonders...

Please republish the original version of my post as a new post. If you want, I can send it again.

Aysen

Send it to me and I will allow it. I don't think it is right that some post can be posted on the forum but others cannot. In my view it should be one way or the other, but I will put it back I guess.

New stuff on drLaser website -repost

Bradley,

The post belongs to me, not to drLaser. If you obtain a permission from someone, then you can quote him/her, and this is exactly what I did.

This does not mean you get a right to automatically quote anything and everything another person has written.

The yardstick is not "either quote everything or do not quote anything." The yardstick is: you can quote with permission from author.

This is the simple rule I know and keep. I am sure there is more detailed information on quoting somewhere in the web, but I want to keep it simple.

So, here goes the unedited version of my post again:

....Hi,

The following from the NA Mailing List. By permission of author. Thought it might interest some here, too. But author had no interest in posting it here himself.

URL of article referred to below:

Cheers!

Aysen
----------------------------------------

"Until April 2003, drLaser has first expressed its concerns about ILCA-NA privately to the ILCA-NA administration, and then publicly on the NA Mailing List and a new ILCA-NA Forum, without bringing the issues to the attention of the 30,000+ readers of drLaser. ILCA-NA has generally remained unresponsive to such private or public criticism. Any corrective actions taken by ILCA-NA were taken quietly, and only in response to severe public pressure.

drLaser now feels sufficiently strongly about these wrongdoings to develop, maintain and present a special "corner" to Laser sailors world-wide.

As of 11:45 EST [Fri 21], a whole new sub-section titled "NEW ILCA-NA leadership FLUNKS!" composed of about 120 summary documents is made available in the "Class & Racing Rules" section of the drLaser website, also linked through all site core pages. The sub-section draws attention to the incompetent, unethical, immoral and undemocratic practices of the Class administration in North America.

Regular readers of this mailing List will be familiar with the content. New are only an "Editorial" and two nice summaries of some of the events of September 2002 to March 2003.

Comments were solicited (but not received) prior to publication from all volunteer members of the ILCA-NA leadership."
---------------------------------------------

I got the email with permission and put the post back, I had over looked it in my mailbox.

Ha, I found it on the archive and put back your post at about the same time you made yours. I hope all is well. Maybe I was wrong to remove it, but I am not interested in dwelling on past mistakes, lets move on and try to make the forum a better place.

I completely forgot this was here! Came across it trying to catch up with the past.

Belated thanks to Brad and Aysen.

Incidentally, for the socially conscious, couple of new episodes (#50 & #51) were added at the end of April to the afrementioned drLaser series at

#50:

ILCA-NA Executive Committee Minutes for February and March 2003 reveal ILCA-NA tried to annex two independent countries using unconstitutional procedures.

NA Minutes note Bermuda & Mexico were added to NA, without a BER or MEX request, and without a World Council decision!

Neither ILCA nor ILCA-NA offer any clarifications or corrections when privately cautioned about the unconstitutionality of the process. But when finally publicly confronted, ILCA-NA claims error was merely several "typo errors" in the Minutes - not caught for two months, not caught even after the private back-channel warning! NA leadership once again displays its incompetence in dealing with sensitive legal issues and its reluctance to face up to and correct its mistakes.

#51:

In a letter to ILCA Officers, Secretary Kastel calls critic "lunatic" and notes again non members should not be heard!

Secretary Kastel, in a private letter to ILCA President, Vice President and Secretary, ILCA Bermuda, ILCA Mexico and ILCA-NA Treasurer, characterizes the criticism as the "ranting of a lunatic" and implies that the critic should not be legitimized with a response since he is not even an ILCA-NA member [and thus should - obviously - have no voice in civic affairs - Ed.]!

Other members of the anti-democratic mob who realize how their past remarks were preserved in this drLaser series for eternity now remain silent.

---------------------------------

Dear Brad: Now that you have a special "Laser Class Discussion" board, you should probably move all past Class related content to that board (maybe leaving only pointers here, maybe not). What say you?

Class (and maybe even List/Forum) related remarks probably should not appear in this "Laser talk" board.

Cheers!

Shevy

Back