New Sheaveless Block. Class Legal?

I would say it depends on how and where it is used. It would count as a "turning point" in the cunningham and outhaul rigging.

I would say it will still count as a turning point. I cannot see why you would want to use one of these in place of a standard block though.

You would also need to be careful you you attached it so as not to fall foul of the rules.

In some ways this is just a more advanced version of the rope loops we all used to have in our cunninghams.

I would say it will still count as a turning point. I cannot see why you would want to use one of these in place of a standard block though.

You would also need to be careful you you attached it so as not to fall foul of the rules.

In some ways this is just a more advanced version of the rope loops we all used to have in our cunninghams.
Okay thanks.

I would think that you want to use small 1/8" Spectra(Dyneema) line on one of those chunks of metal. It will have the lowest amount of friction since it is essentially the bearing material UHMWP. Running a typical line with a polyester cover would cause friction and chafe. Why would you want to use these?

Back