New Sails

I can’t speak for the quality of the sails they make, but I have bought several items from SLO sails and canvas for my Hobie. They are not cheap but they make high quality stuff. I’ll seriously consider them if/when I need to replace a sail.

I can’t speak for the quality of the sails they make, but I have bought several items from SLO sails and canvas for my Hobie. They are not cheap but they make high quality stuff. I’ll seriously consider them if/when I need to replace a sail.
Thanks. I bought my boat cover from them and it has served me well. They were also very responsive when one of the buckles broke. They are not cheap, but considerably less expensive then North or Quantum

I got the main and furling jib for my Mod II 14.2 from SLO. Excellent work and great people to deal with. Terrific customer service.

I also got my jib snorkel from SLO. It's a nice way to keep your jib looking new for longer, if you store your boat outside, like I did.

I had them add extra telltales, a reef point, and sail numbers.
One really nice thing about their 14.2 jib is the extra large size of the jib windows.
They're huge compared to the original windows.

One thing to note, though. If you don't want a "shelf-foot" main, be sure to tell them when you order, otherwise it will come that way.
It's not a huge deal, but I didn't need it, and makes the foot look "messy" or baggy.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ce9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ce9.jpeg
    645.6 KB · Views: 58
I got the main and furling jib for my Mod II 14.2 from SLO. Excellent work and great people to deal with. Terrific customer service.

I also got my jib snorkel from SLO. It's a nice way to keep your jib looking new for longer, if you store your boat outside, like I did.

One really nice thing about their 14.2 jib is the extra large size of the jib windows.

One thing to note, though. If you don't want a "shelf-foot" main, be sure to tell them when you order, otherwise it will come that way.
It's not a huge deal, but I didn't need it, and makes the foot look "messy" or baggy.
Nice!

My original sail has both a bolt rope and a slug so I can sail it either attached it loose footed. With the shelf for have you tried sailing it loose footed?

My original sail has both a bolt rope and a slug so I can sail it either attached it loose footed. With the shelf for have you tried sailing it loose footed?
I loosened the outhaul once in very light wind, but didn't really notice a major improvement.

I like a nice, tight, crisp look to my main, and the shelf-foot just looked saggy and, well, loose. :confused:

My new boat has a loose-foot main. Oh well.

Back