New Sailor

Pklink04

I am a New laser sailor and was wondering how to tie down the Cunningham and if you just roll your sails on the mast or you fold it up and put it back in the sail bag? Thanks

Hello, and welcome! We're glad to have you here. As to answering your questions, regarding the cunningham, it depends if you have the new or original rigging. But, either way, there will be a jam cleat or a clam cleat to hold it there. Regarding your sails storage question, we have a thread going on right now describing the best ways.

Hope you enjoy The Laser Forum!

What do you mean by "tie down"?
Do you mean "how do you rig/setup" or "how do you cleat/stopper/hold tight/etc the cunningham" or "how do you attach the lines to the mast and sail etc" or something else?

I mean there is a small hole at the base to the sail by the mast and you there the line thought it or something like that i don't know what to tie and how the thread it. Thanks for the help.

It depends on the system you use... If you use blocks and which blocks you use, being that the rules and therefore the rigging system people use has recently changed.

Back