New Purchaser/Old Sailfish

metsfan

I just purchased an Alcort Sailfish (fiberglass). Does anyone know how I can tell what year it was manufactured in? And, once I accomplish that, whom I can contact to purchase replacement parts, etc. Do I just use a Sunfish dealer?

Thanks much.

Well, I can tell you that it was around 1959 when the Sailfish was first made in fiberglass, anything before that was wooden. (Read the beginning of The Sunfish Bible, it gives you the whole history on the Sailfish and Sunfish).
As to replacement parts, honestly, a lot of the Sunfish parts can double as Sailfish parts. I have a wooden Super Sailfish, and my bow handle was completely worthless, so I ordered a new "Sunfish" handle from, I think it's Vanguard who owns Sunfishes currently, and I just had to adjust where the holes were a little and it was fine. I believe that the rest of the hardware is so close to what's on the Sunfish now, that you could get away with just using the Sunfish hardware. Although, there probably are people online who have old Sailfish parts, if you really want them.

Well, I can tell you that it was around 1959 when the Sailfish was first made in fiberglass, anything before that was wooden. (Read the beginning of The Sunfish Bible, it gives you the whole history on the Sailfish and Sunfish).
As to replacement parts, honestly, a lot of the Sunfish parts can double as Sailfish parts. I have a wooden Super Sailfish, and my bow handle was completely worthless, so I ordered a new "Sunfish" handle from, I think it's Vanguard who owns Sunfishes currently, and I just had to adjust where the holes were a little and it was fine. I believe that the rest of the hardware is so close to what's on the Sunfish now, that you could get away with just using the Sunfish hardware. Although, there probably are people online who have old Sailfish parts, if you really want them.

Hi
I have a good selection of new and used sailfish parts. basically the rudder assembly differs from the sunfish, although the hull hardware is the same
Also have sails new and used , grab rails, bow handles deck cleats etc. E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Hi
Have a good selectiion of new and used sailfish parts. The rudder assembly and daggerboard of the sailfish differs from the sunfish ,allthough most of the hull hardware is similar. I have sails, bow handles, hull hardware, lines rudder/tiller assemblies ,daggerboards etc.
CVontact mme at [email protected] if interested

Back