New Power Head Sail by Intensity

seawardone

At 9.6 square meters, I'm about to pull the trigger.

Anyone test driven this new sail from Intensity?

Peace

Peace
Haven't used it, but in their description they caution that it could result in mast step/hull damage, so be careful doing the super vang in a moderate wind!

-- Ed

Attachments

• intensity-sails-power-head-sail-for-the-laser-1.gif
    intensity-sails-power-head-sail-for-the-laser-1.gif
    234.5 KB · Views: 136

Peace
I have a Rooster 8.1 for the past two years. It is fun to sail when there is a very light breeze. If the wind gets above 10 mph I'm over powered and need my standard sail. I weigh about 195 and 6 ft.

Have no fear. I've been sailing one of the Hansen Turbo sails 125 sq/ft(full is 76sq/ft) for most of the summer. I've taken it out in gusts over 20 knots and everything is fine. I did pickup a Cspar carbon upper. I'm in AU so they are about $400. I've got it rigged on a single block fixed bridle. It sails way better than a regular Laser. It is a bit more work up wind because of the extra righting moment. The reaches are amazing.

The Intensity sail is a bargain. It's just missing the full battens.

Does anyone have one of these Intensity Powerhead Sails - in decent condition - that they would like to sell? Mine is now seven years old and getting beat. I use it often when Tomales Bay winds are too light for the standard. In light to medium air I think this is a brilliant sail.

Back