New owner

thechief

I recently purchased a 87 Capri 14.2 and have some questions as to what some parts are for. I currently own a Catalina 30 and purchased the boat to teach my 2 young children to sail. Learning on a bigger boat is very difficult, and frankly I miss the fun of sailing a small boat. I have rigged the boat on the trailer and I am just waiting for the perfect day to take the kids out, however there is some parts of the boat that I cannot figure out. There are 2 rubber gromets in the seating area, one on the port and starboard near the centerboard trunk. There are also 2 metal brackets under the door for the cuddy. What are the metal brackets for, and what does the line that is to go through the rubber gromets for.

Attachments

• centerboard lifting assembly.jpg
    centerboard lifting assembly.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 176
Thanks for the reply

Thank you for the reply and I do have the owners manual, however I guess I still do not understand how the centerboard operates. I assumed you just released the two cam cleats and lowered the board. What is the purpose of the additional lines that exit the seats and go under the door to the cuddy? I have never seen the boat rigged and sailed before.

That line holds the hiking staps off the deck so its easy to slip your feet under them so you can hike the boat flat.

Back