New owner of 1986 Capri 14.2 saying 'Hi' from Chicago

2E2P

Hey guys,

I just purchased 1986 C14.2 in perfect condition:). I'm relatively new to sailing so get ready for tons of questions. The boat is in great condition (don't have any pictures yet).

First thing first, I will need to install new hiking straps, my question is, how long should be the line that keeps tension on the front straps (is it a line or a bungee)?

Also, any recommendation for the jib hanks? The twist-on ones are easily coming off.

If you are in Chicago area and would like to sail together, please send me a pm.

I've been on pierce lake at rock cut state park. It is in a bowl which is fairly protected, but can catch a good blow sometimes. Nice ramp and not too busy during the week.

Last I checked, Great Lakes naval base had a sailing class that used capri 14.2 boats. Might try their if you need schooling.

Buzzz,

I was thinking of going to the Rock Cut State Park.
Thanks for the info. If you would like to go sailing with me, please let me know. I'm available most Fridays and Saturdays.

Do you know of any good lake that's C14.2 friendly?
I sailed from Dempster beach ramp in Evanston when I lived closer to the city. I moved now and have a place on the chain of lakes. If you want to sail here let me know, I'll help you find the boat ramp a couple blocks from our house.

I sailed from Dempster beach ramp in Evanston when I lived closer to the city. I moved now and have a place on the chain of lakes. If you want to sail here let me know, I'll help you find the boat ramp a couple blocks from our house.

Kdub,

I would love to sail on the Chain of Lakes. I usually take my boat to Busse Woods but as you probably know, Busse woods is pretty small.
How is boat traffic on the Chain of Lakes?
If you could give me some info regarding the boat ramp, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Back