New Online Laser Course Available Now

Int. Sailing Academy

Hi everyone,

We've just released a new Online Course for Laser sailing. Our Upwind Speed: Light Wind Course is the first release of the series. Feel free to check it out at learn.internationalsailingacademy.com We have provided HQ instructional videos, performance checklists, drills to learn the skills and more in the course. Hopefully it will help you go faster and become more connected to your boat, the water and wind.

All the best from the Team at ISA

I just went through the first online light wind/upwind speed module from International Sailing Academy. Here's my review:

It was just a question of time until someone would take sail coaching into the 21st century and provide high quality educational content in the form of video. It’s no surprise that International Sailing Academy was the first to do that. For years Vaughn and Colin have been developing the world’s best high performance Laser sailing curriculum through their Mexico clinics and Vaughn’s Olympic coaching. Now they’ve taken all those learnings and systematically broken down every single secret to sailing the Laser fast into a super intuitive and easy to understand video series. This is the equivalent of Master Class but for Laser sailing.

Looking back at my sailing career I can say that If I knew the things learnt from the online course when I sailed the Europe dinghy I would have been unbeatable. So having access to this body of knowledge would have been amazing. But, if you’re a lifelong learner then you’re going to love this no matter the age.

Last edited:
Just an FYI - we also have a guarantee with the course. If you don't think it's any good, you get your money back.

Attached are a few testimonials and we have some more at the checkout page from Bill Symes and Lorenzo Chiavarini.

Another one just came in from Olympic Gold Medalist, Tom Burton.

"I wish I had a course like this when I was younger, growing up trying to improve my sailing skills and before I had any access to coaching. I remember watching DVDs of sailing all the time but for someone to break each step down would have been very useful to progress quickly."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.05.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.05.23 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
My review: I really appreciate Vaughn and Colin's systematic teaching approach. The course is presented in short, logical, video demonstration sessions followed by suggested training drills and checklists that can be downloaded to reinforce the learning. Vaughn explains when, how and why with no BS. The course is excellent if you wish to start learning and practicing proper and proven "go fast" techniques and strategies. I wish I had this information years ago! I highly recommend the program - you will not be disappointed. -Marcel Sloane SF Bay Area - Laser 147035.

Having payed the monthly fee and previewed the first course in light wind I would also rate this very highly as a learning tool.
The little details that are explained and illustrated are excellent.I have been very successful in light air racing but watching the videos I am finding areas to improve on.
The check list are a great learning tool.Looking forward to the rest of the coursed

Having payed the monthly fee and previewed the first course in light wind I would also rate this very highly as a learning tool.
The little details that are explained and illustrated are excellent.I have been very successful in light air racing but watching the videos I am finding areas to improve on.
The check list are a great learning tool.Looking forward to the rest of the coursed

Great to hear it Mike!

I've also enjoyed the light wind course so far. well worth it.
when are the medium and heavy wind modules expected? Not sure I want to maintain a monthly membership if they are ~6 mos away...

Hey Chatham - Awesome! Glad you're learning some things and enjoying the Light Wind course. We're hoping to launch the medium wind course sometime near August 1. It could be earlier or a bit later - but just to give you a rough idea. Will be able to give you a firmer timeline on heavy wind once medium wind is completely wrapped up.

I just took the ISA's first on-line course "upwind speed in light wind"; Since there have been many good on-line free sailing seminars during COVID-19 quarantine, I set the bar high for this paid ISA on-line course. But this course definitely exceeded my expectation! The course is very well organized with quantitative approach to explain the sailing techniques in detail. Precisely made high resolution videos visualize the right way to sail fast with many examples, which are really fun to watch. I particularly liked the wind awareness video which teaches how to read the wind on the water, that I think is very rare to find. I find lots of great leanings from this first course and it is totally worth the money. I am looking forward to the next medium and heavy wind course (that I really need)!

Back