new laser colours

sam12

hi, I am getting a new laser in march and i was just wondering if anyone knows what colour it will be, its just laser's website says that the hull colour is changing to vela grey instead of white, this is my first ever laser so i they anything else i need to know about them, thanks, Sam

You MIGHT be able to get a custom color, but it would be custom order. And probably more $$. Talk to your dealer.

In the UK there used to be a colour available as well as vela grey. It was a a hull colour, only down to the waterline. They would build a batch of a colour, wait until gone (or almost gone), then build another batch, maybe a different colour. Thus, not much choice. When I purchased mine I thought about the colour as I liked the colour they had in stock but then they said they were actually a few kilos heavier and that with the additional grief when I scratched the gel made the standard colour meant I went with the standard colour.

I believe the US used to have a wider range of choice available but no idea now they are all owned by the same company.

So this is really no answer (sorry)

Ian

white, white and white, those are your choices :D

--
As others mentioned, the boats are all coming 'vela grey' which, is a very light grey that is quite nice at cutting down any glare. It looks quite white in the sun.

--
The last time we had a dash of color was summer 2008, the Youth Champs event boats were a light blue and some other color.

If you want a customer color, I believe the price quote is $1500 extra.

The boats are very nice in the vela grey, looks sharp.

hi, I am getting a new laser in march and i was just wondering if anyone knows what colour it will be, its just laser's website says that the hull colour is changing to vela grey instead of white, this is my first ever laser so i they anything else i need to know about them, thanks, Sam
Yes Sam, There is something very special about Lasers about which you must be concerned.

Once you own one, you must:
Tell your friends how much fun you are having.
Drag friends to see the boat,
Carry photos in your handy pocket communicator and show those photos to everyone.
stop strangers on the street and brag about how much fun you are having
hit the emergency elevator stop and start telling the captive audience about Lasers
Wear Laser gear like your lifejacket to weddings and start conversations
sail it darned near every day
form a fleet
call everybody and drag them out often'
host a regatta every year
and when you feel all this is normal??

Tell Tracy he can finally trust somebody else bring out enough friends so he can just show up and sail for a change.

Then on the second day......

Having had both striped and solid coloured boats, I definitely like the solid colours better.

Way classier, neat and professional looking.

Like wtf was that baby blue they had in (I think) '06? And the yellow?

Yeah, let's stick with solids.

Yes Sam, There is something very special about Lasers about which you must be concerned.

Once you own one, you must:
Tell your friends how much fun you are having.
Drag friends to see the boat,
Carry photos in your handy pocket communicator and show those photos to everyone.
stop strangers on the street and brag about how much fun you are having
hit the emergency elevator stop and start telling the captive audience about Lasers
Wear Laser gear like your lifejacket to weddings and start conversations
sail it darned near every day
form a fleet
call everybody and drag them out often'
host a regatta every year
and when you feel all this is normal??

Tell Tracy he can finally trust somebody else bring out enough friends so he can just show up and sail for a change.

Then on the second day......

You left out "moderate The Laser Forum."

Having had both striped and solid coloured boats, I definitely like the solid colours better.

Way classier, neat and professional looking.

Like wtf was that baby blue they had in (I think) '06? And the yellow?

Yeah, let's stick with solids.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a Laser with a sky blue stripe. I love, love, love it and have had many compliments. Just like someone I know who is hanging on to his Laser for dear life whose number ends in "007," I'm keeping mine as long as she's stiff and dry.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a Laser with a sky blue stripe. I love, love, love it and have had many compliments. Just like someone I know who is hanging on to his Laser for dear life whose number ends in "007," I'm keeping mine as long as she's stiff and dry.

None of the coulours (except the yellow) looked "bad" per se, I just think they should have made them solid all along.

Hopefully yours stays stiff and dry a lot longer than the sky blues my friends owned. Never saw so many problems/so much poor quality as with those boats. One even got swapped out by Vanguard because of the problems.

Lol I'd just get another boat and still put 007 on the sail if it meant that much to me.

Back