for discussion/comments

Attachments

• IMG_0812.JPG
    IMG_0812.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0813.JPG
    IMG_0813.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 78
Thanks Paul; that seems quite exciting. I hope the project will get finished before I sail off the end of the earth...

I know Tag did not intend this, but use caution clicking on the first link from Tag - as soon as I get to the Sunfish pics, I am getting popups to install an antivirus software, and then get a McAfee warning. The Sag Harbor Express link is fine.

Reactions: tag
good catch Beldar - my ad-blocker must've stopped them on my computer as I didn't get any popups.

I've updated the link to be direct to the *real* Instagram post from a couple years ago showing the transparent sails.

I'm at a lake that has a huge amount of high-speed boat traffic :(.

Not wanting a distracted operator to overlook my boat, I think I'll pass on what otherwise, would be a good idea.

If the pricing wasn't stupid, I could see quite a few selling around here and a "new" one design fleet forming. Didn't catch if these were just "for fun" or potentially available

If the pricing wasn't stupid, I could see quite a few selling around here and a "new" one design fleet forming. Didn't catch if these were just "for fun" or potentially available
I guess approx $700+ in quantities at this stage -- now working MKII sail

Very interesting. I want to keep my eye on these in case they become available. Sounds like it would help me keep up with my Laser friends better.

From reading the write-up (see tag's post, above), it appears that this novel sail is not a LaserPerformance or ISCA project. Therefore, I doubt it will ever become 'class-legal'.

From the article...

"Changing the sail geometry from the Sunfish’s traditional shape, Sandell and Farrar’s design shortened the foot (bottom edge) by 18 inches and added sail area aloft to catch higher and cleaner breeze. Less sail area in the stern of the boat along the foot reduces weather helm. With the wider roach, Sandell sought to move the center of effort forward so the boat wouldn’t round up so much."

- Andy

Back