New Hatch on older model

rayhas

Hi Everyone,

I went to the Strictly Sail boat show in St. Petersburg last weekend and saw several boats based on the Capri 14.2 design. The new Expo is pretty cool. My 87 model is missing the hatch and I took a good look at the new hatch that is used on the latest models. The entire assembly is plastic and the hinges are integrated into the frame. It also features a pocket net on the outside and seems to be a good upgrade. I didn't have a tape measure with me but it looks like this is a perfect fit for an older model. The size seems to be within an inch or two in any direction.

Has anyone tried it? Did it work? How much? etc.

More info on new hatch

Hi, me again. I did find the price for the new hatch $138.53. I still don't know what size hole it will fit.

I have a model 2 with the tunnel under the front deck. The hatch opening is the same on the model 1 and the model 2 but because of the tunnel on the model 2 there is no hatch just a cloth bag in front of the opening to the tunnel. I wanted to remove the tunnel and get a water tight hatch to cover the opening. I did a very large search and could not find a water proof hatch that would fit. All of the hatches available are rectangular. The ones that would fit in the opening would not be tall enough to be functional.
For the model 3 Catalina redesigned the inner hull and added the water proof hatch. This hatch will NOT fit in the model 2 or model 1. If you are able to find a hatch that will be a good fit for the model 1 or model 2 please post it because I am sure that there are many people who have those boats that would like to add that to their boat.

Thanks
Roger L

Back