New from NW CT

JohnCT

New to Sunfish, not to sailing.
Looking to get into formal racing. I currently crew club races on a CS33 on the sound. The Sunfish class seems like an affordable option and New England has a pretty active schedule.

I would like to meet up with others near NW CT, and get some education.

I can do any type of boat maintenance and repair and am willing to teach others to do fiberglass, gel coat, wood work and finishing. I also do sail repair and other fabric work like canvas covers.

I am actively searching for a boat hopefully somewhat local.
Not looking for race ready, just mostly complete.

Feel free to send me a message
Thanks
John

Hopefully there is someone closer, I don't mind traveling a bit in New England to race, but first I need a boat.

Thanks for the link

Bantam Lake is somewhere on the western end of CT, and they used to have (may still have) an active Sunfish fleet and often host the CT Governor's Cup regatta. Other than that, you might want to contact the Sunfish Office in San Diego and see if they have knowledge of any active fleets or perhaps class members in the area they could connect you to.

I'm headed out to Bantam Yacht club this afternoon. I'll get the info from there. Their web site says they have informal club racing.
There is a New England chapter of the international sunfish class association, but I can't get a reply from anyone at the posted email address.

Well got a taste of sailing one of these board boats, a friend let me borrow a "Sea Devil", it has a sloop rig so that part was at least familiar, not used to getting that wet, but it wasn't to bad.

I could see where a little bigger and better set up could be fun. Need to try a Sunfish now

Back