New 'Fish

WOP31

Hello
So as you all know I just recently joined the elite class of Sunfish owners, an have already become enamored. Enough so that I just picked up a second one today!

I saw a craigslist ad for "two Sunfish & a trailer", so I looked it over and noticed that one of them was actually a Super Porpoise and the other a decent looking SF. So I responded that I was interested in the Fish and would like to take a look at it. I was told VIa E-mail that they were missing Rudders & Dagger boards and that he knew nothing about them, had just found them on some property that he bought.

When I get there I find a VERY heavy fish hull, no big deal because it looks to be in great shape otherwise. Some small cracks in the gel coat, but nothing too bad. But I notice that there is no Mast's either, just the spars & sails. So I told him I would give him $150 (he was asking 800 for the pair& the trailer) for just the sunfish. And he said for 2 I could have both boats.

Now I have a Sunfish and a Porpoise strapped to my trailer! :D Pretty excited about fixing up the other hull, it looks to be late 70's. Didn't really get a chance to find the HIN and what not yet, but it has the compartment in the back of the cockpit. Will more than likely try to sell/trade off the Porpoise so I can get a mast for the fish.

Will post pics when it stops raining, we got soaked out there loading them up in the pouring rain.

Congrats on the buy!!!! I know what you mean, this "little" things can be quite addicting if one is not careful...and mine is not even in the water yet:p:p:p

Back