New Daggerboard Brake - Coming October!

WestCoast

The new daggerboard brakes are finally coming this fall.

LP should starting shipping them in October.

We already have them up for Pre-Order, as I'm sure your local dealer and forum sponsors will shortly.

Only picture so far of the finished product (I've only seen the prototypes in person):
laser_friction_pad_new.jpg

More info : West Coast Sailing - Blog

So, the introduction to the Laserites is in the timetable. The "Laser World" Magazine of Dec 2008 says it will cost about 10 US$. I guess, from my experience, then it will cost about 15-20 Euro at Europe. Would be nice, if it is available at Europe before Christmas (would be a nice X-mas present).

Ciao
LooserLu

They look cool, will you still need to use a elastic line? Whats with all this new stuff coming out? Getting hard to keep up

They look nice, I might have to purchase one and see if they are any good. (once the foils have had some TLC of course....)

I'll definitely be awaiting these coming out. I had to replace the old ones about 3 times a season. Nothing worse than a centreboard popping up every time you tack!! grrr

George - you rock! Sign me up. Damn board was riding up on every tack this last weekend even after I moved the brake forward.

Now this is the upgrade I was waiting for (unlike the blocks that dont interest me at all) Can't wait for these to come out as the old brake wears out soo quickly, get fed up with changing the damn thing!

Now this is the upgrade I was waiting for (unlike the blocks that dont interest me at all) Can't wait for these to come out as the old brake wears out soo quickly, get fed up with changing the damn thing!

I think the new blocks are great:

They look good,
They dont gum up with sand and salt and freeze,

And most important with the main sheeet running better i've found that it doesn't get snagged on the transom when you gybe as much. Since iv'e added them i almost never give it the old "Laser Flick" when gybing.

Reckon its hung up once since I got them.

We haven't gotten in a set, but lots of input from customers that they are looking forward to the new brake.

I think this will make the biggest impact on usability in a while. If all goes well, we might all be reminiscing about the crazy 'ol days when he had to kick our daggerboards down while racing......

Back