New cover - whats this flap for?

Hi All

I got a new boat this week and have put on a UK cover.

Any ideas what the flap on the back is for? Is it just for the top section to hang out the back if you wrap the sail around the mast etc?

Cheers!

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
Any ideas what the flap on the back is for? Is it just for the top section to hang out the back if you wrap the sail around the mast etc?
Looks quite obviously so.

The interesting part in that picture is that it says ”LaserPerformance New Zealand” on the hull. How come LP is selling boats (legal or not) in that part of the world?

_

The flap allows you leave the mast in one piece with the sail on. Useful at regattas. You just have the mast hanging out one end with the cover over everything else in the boat.

Α
Looks quite obviously so.

The interesting part in that picture is that it says ”LaserPerformance New Zealand” on the hull. How come LP is selling boats (legal or not) in that part of the world?

_
At same time color of boat is grey/dark blue, which’s usually being applied to psa hulls

I am not sure that is a new LP hull - they have been putting the drain plug much closer to the rudder gudgeons for some years now.

Thanks Lali, thought as much.

It is an Aus hull but I got the cover in the UK before I returned. Just got the boat unused but built in 2019 (216XXX) from a national team sailor so the sticker on the back is 'High Performance New Zealand'.

Back