New boat, new member

SailingLOTO

I picked up this boat last week. She's a 1984 Laguna 26. Pretty solid old boat for the money. She's my 3rd sailboat.

I have left the social media world and joined this forum. It seems this is more about small sailboats under 20ft? If I am in the wrong forum let me know and I will move on.

Anyhow.... She has some lot rot for sitting in storage. I have most of the cabin gutted at the moment so I can clean it out and replace the headliner or paint the cabin ceiling. It's August, and I don't anticipate getting her on the water until spring.

Does anyone have experience with a Laguna 26? Very little info out there, but for $800 on a trailer with a 9.9 yamaha, I couldn't turn it down.

Here she is.

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_074617_475.jpg
    IMG_20200804_074617_475.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
The forum has a pretty active section for J24 lovers, but other than that the focus has been on smaller boats. Much emphasis on bringing older dinghies back to life. Less emphasis on racing, except for the Laser section.

Anyway, good luck with fixing up your new boat/Laguna. I am not up on engines, but a (new) Yamaha may cost as much as what you paid for the whole boat.

The forum has a pretty active section for J24 lovers, but other than that the focus has been on smaller boats. Much emphasis on bringing older dinghies back to life. Less emphasis on racing, except for the Laser section.

Anyway, good luck with fixing up your new boat/Laguna. I am not up on engines, but a (new) Yamaha may cost as much as what you paid for the whole boat.
Do you recommend any other forums?

Back