New 14.2 prices??

BobA

Hi,
am considering a new 14.2 and am wondering what the "average" price new is.....From what I've seen so far, one with trailer/roller furling etc. has ranged from 7 to 8 thousand???
Do prices vary much depending on where in country??
Seems like a bit much for size boat, but since I hav'nt had much luck finding used, used must sell pretty fast/easily as well..............
Thoughts??
-Bob

I have a very nice 1987 model that I have $2000 in, so they keep their value very well. But it is a buyers market right now, for both new and used. I have noticed that many new sailors buy a boat use it one or two seasons and then either move up or out. So if you look for a slightly used boat, you might save some money. I think this site has used boat listings.

Pricing

I live in Central NY and I purchased a '96 Mod II on a '02 trailer, both in excellant shape, for $2,500. Whether i over/under paid I basing on my enjoyment level, not on what the boat costs elsewhere. :) less hard feelings that way. The dealer did replace all the lines with new however. Only thing I need to put into it is new hiking straps as the neoprene is damaged and a baby bob. Oh, also a new shockcord for the CB.

Back