needed: New / Used Mainsail for the 14.2 Mod 1

JPS

Hi All,

Merry belated Christmas and a soon to come happy new year!

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction in regards to finding a new or used Mail Sail for my Mod1 Capri 14.2 ?
Basically I want to purchase either a good used one or a new sail since my old one is pretty worn already.

new: After some research I came to find huge price differences on the new ones - depending on brand and material of course. When it comes to new ones I would like to go with medium quality not spending more that 600 - 800 $.

used: On the used side I found very little source to compare availability. Hoping you guys would have some ideas where to find some offers.

Either way new or used I noticed that the dimensions are important. It does not seem to be that simple to order a "of the shelf" Capri 14.2 Main sail. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks in advance,
JP

I couldn't find them on the Catalina web site just now, but they used to sell a set of sails for a reasonable price. It is worth checking. You'd have to consult with them about compatibility with your model.

I just checked Catalina Direct, but they want $700 for just the main. That’s about what I paid for my main from SLO Sail & Canvass..
I’m not sure what you’re going to find, new, for $500.

Back