What's new

Need Sunfish Bow Trim Rub Rail

4cpus4me

Price $
State
MICHIGAN
City
Gladwin
Not sure what the standard length is but I need the bow nose rail with 36" tails to meet up with existing metal trim rail on port and starboard sides. Shipped to Michigan, 48624 zip code.

I'm trying to decide whether to re-use my damaged rail or buy a used one.

Kristie E

Not sure what the standard length is but I need the bow nose rail with 36" tails to meet up with existing metal trim rail on port and starboard sides. Shipped to Michigan, 48624 zip code.

I'm trying to decide whether to re-use my damaged rail or buy a used one.
Wow, I’m looking for a rudder, also in Northern MI, and I just saw a post on Traverse City Craigslist for the nose-shaped trim.

have you attached them before? I need to replace a couple of my rivets. I was hoping to get them at the hardware store vs sunfish Direct. Good luck!

4cpus4me

Wow, I’m looking for a rudder, also in Northern MI, and I just saw a post on Traverse City Craigslist for the nose-shaped trim.

have you attached them before? I need to replace a couple of my rivets. I was hoping to get them at the hardware store vs sunfish Direct. Good luck!
Hi,

I'm in contact with the craigslist guy you mentioned to see if we can work something out. I only need the nose piece, not the full kit but he has more stuff in stock so I'm hopeful.

My rivets have all been 1/8" diameter with 1/4" length(grip) and they seem to hold well... I know, because I had to drill them out again as plans changed :eek: .

Kristie E

Hi,

I'm in contact with the craigslist guy you mentioned to see if we can work something out. I only need the nose piece, not the full kit but he has more stuff in stock so I'm hopeful.

My rivets have all been 1/8" diameter with 1/4" length(grip) and they seem to hold well... I know, because I had to drill them out again as plans changed :eek: .
good to know! Thanks!