Need some help...rigging

dewaegep

Dear all,
last year in September I start recovering a Capri 14.2 who was for more than 5 year abandoned in a garden.
I had to wash the interior of the boat and remove tons of sand, dead leafs etc from the interior of the boat. After a complete cleaning, I was able to make a diagnostic of the boat, and start repair it. I found a lot of good information, photos etc that help me in this forum. Now, I'm finishing the complete painting of the boat (2 weeks I hope to finish).
As I'm leaving on an Island in Mexico, where there is no sailing club, neither experts, and that my sailing technical English is not good, I have a lot of difficulties on understanding the C-14 Handbook found in this Forum.
So I already buy all the blocks, cords etc...but I cannot understand how to Rig or adjust the Shrouds, as my vocabulary is not so good.
So i would like to ask someone who can make me a graphic on how to adjust that the mast. If someone can help me, It will be really appreciated.
On the other end, can somebody take details photos of all the rigging system, sail, centerboard, jig, etc, so I can see how all those cable, systems fit in the boat.
So I can follow my dream and finish the project.
Thanks very much in advance to all who can help me. As soon I finish the paint job, I send some photos.
Patrick

Well it's my first time with a Capri 14.2 as well.
What I used to get started on the rigging is the "free C14 Handbook" link above.
Click on that link and go to page 16 I think. There you should find a sketch of the rigging.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

I have a stock 1987 model. Any thing I can help you with, just ask. I can take pictures of anything on my boat you need to see and email them to you.

Thanks both for your help.
gregwcoats: Can you take photo of your centerbord set up? I cannot figure out how to place the Hold own.
unclesmitty: Thanks, as I say i have the Handbook, but my technical English i not so good.
So my question refer to page 23, MAST RAKE. What i the bearing surface of the thimbles?
Also I don't understand the Shroud Tension: hat is the mddle of the Stern nd the top back Edge?
What I was asking is a little drawing ho can explain me how to make those measure. Hand drawing is OK.
Thanks for your help.

Back