need help restoring 1978 minifish

dougcox1212

I just got a 1978 amf alcort minifish from my aunt. The sail is in terrible shape and the hull is a little banged up. I need a daggerboard, rudder, and tiller. I'm excited about getting into sailing but i need to fix this boat first. It has been outside for about twenty years and i'm not sure what to start on first. Any suggestions? advice? and or plans for the items listed?

I recall an earlier post by one of the sailmakers, not Sunfish, offering to resize their Sunfish sail to fit a Mini. Use the search at the top of the home page to look for it back in the threads.

You need alot of stuff so start watching ebay. Price will be a big deal. All those parts could run more than a whole used boat in ok condition. Log on at Sunfish Sailors and download the manual ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunfish_sailor ). Lots of parts will be the same as for Sunfish made after 1972.

I just got a 1978 amf alcort minifish from my aunt. The sail is in terrible shape and the hull is a little banged up. I need a daggerboard, rudder, and tiller. I'm excited about getting into sailing but i need to fix this boat first. It has been outside for about twenty years and i'm not sure what to start on first. Any suggestions? advice? and or plans for the items listed?

See my blog (mostly fiberglass repair). :D

Back