Need help identifying Sunfish sticker

Gator Bait

Florida Man
image.jpg
Hello, I recently purchased another Sunfish and noticed this sticker behind the splash guard. The inspection port covers most of it, but I was wondering if anybody had seen it before. It's a 2005 vanguard purchased from a sailing center in Fort Myers and it has a Tackle Shack (Tampa) sticker on it. Any help is much appreciated.

Two ideas: First, it may have been a Sunfish Worlds event boat with special decals. Maybe somebody here on the Forun has a photo of a 2005 Worlds boat without the errant inspection port. Second, often Sunfish dealers have decals or stickers that they afix to all of the boats they sell.

Unrelated, a 2005 Sunfish is a great fine. The mid-2000-2010 Vanguards were well built, fast and stiff.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

I also think that the sticker indicates that the boat was used in a World Championship.
There was a sticker in that spot on the 2019 'Worlds' boats as well.

Reactions: tag
After a little bit of internet browsing, I found the photo attached, there seems to be a decal in the exact same position as mine, I can't seem to find a date for the photo, but the link redirects you to the worlds web page. I'm pretty sure you are right about it being from the 2005 worlds since I haven't seen any dealers in Florida put their logo on the deck of a Sunfish and I don't see any other plausible explanation for it. Thanks for your help!
1572749364951.png

The picture above demonstrates the normal bending, under load, in the lower spar (boom).

Reactions: tag
After a little bit of internet browsing, I found the photo attached, there seems to be a decal in the exact same position as mine, I can't seem to find a date for the photo, but the link redirects you to the worlds web page. I'm pretty sure you are right about it being from the 2005 worlds since I haven't seen any dealers in Florida put their logo on the deck of a Sunfish and I don't see any other plausible explanation for it. Thanks for your help!
View attachment 35077
This picture is from the 2007 Worlds in New Jersey.

Ok, thanks for the clarification! I was fairly unsure about what year it was. I've only been sailing Sunfish for around 2 years so I'm not too experienced in identifying stuff like this.

Back