What's new

Need help identifying Sunfish sticker

Gator Bait

Youthful Sailor
image.jpgHello, I recently purchased another Sunfish and noticed this sticker behind the splash guard. The inspection port covers most of it, but I was wondering if anybody had seen it before. It's a 2005 vanguard purchased from a sailing center in Fort Myers and it has a Tackle Shack (Tampa) sticker on it. Any help is much appreciated.

Alan Glos

Two ideas: First, it may have been a Sunfish Worlds event boat with special decals. Maybe somebody here on the Forun has a photo of a 2005 Worlds boat without the errant inspection port. Second, often Sunfish dealers have decals or stickers that they afix to all of the boats they sell.

Unrelated, a 2005 Sunfish is a great fine. The mid-2000-2010 Vanguards were well built, fast and stiff.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Wavedancer

Upside down?
Staff member
I also think that the sticker indicates that the boat was used in a World Championship.
There was a sticker in that spot on the 2019 'Worlds' boats as well.

Reactions: tag

Gator Bait

Youthful Sailor
After a little bit of internet browsing, I found the photo attached, there seems to be a decal in the exact same position as mine, I can't seem to find a date for the photo, but the link redirects you to the worlds web page. I'm pretty sure you are right about it being from the 2005 worlds since I haven't seen any dealers in Florida put their logo on the deck of a Sunfish and I don't see any other plausible explanation for it. Thanks for your help!
1572749364951.png

L&VW

The picture above demonstrates the normal bending, under load, in the lower spar (boom).

Reactions: tag

beldar boathead

After a little bit of internet browsing, I found the photo attached, there seems to be a decal in the exact same position as mine, I can't seem to find a date for the photo, but the link redirects you to the worlds web page. I'm pretty sure you are right about it being from the 2005 worlds since I haven't seen any dealers in Florida put their logo on the deck of a Sunfish and I don't see any other plausible explanation for it. Thanks for your help!
View attachment 35077
This picture is from the 2007 Worlds in New Jersey.

Gator Bait

Youthful Sailor
Ok, thanks for the clarification! I was fairly unsure about what year it was. I've only been sailing Sunfish for around 2 years so I'm not too experienced in identifying stuff like this.