What's new

Need cheap used new style rudder cheeks and tiller brackets.

Walter Cotting

Price $
State
MASSACHUSETTS
Need cheap used aluminum new style rudder cheeks and tiller brackets. Do not need pin or springs. Do not need blade or tiller. Need for a display and will not be used sailing. Just needs to look good.

Alan S. Glos

Does it have to be aluminum? I have a black plastic rudderhead thay has a small crack in an out of the way spot. It would be strong enough to sail but would be fine for a display. Let me know if you are interested and I cab post a photo and an asking price. I can ship. Where are you?

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Walter Cotting

Does not have to be aluminum and a crack should not be a problem. Does it include the tiller brackets? I am located in Middleton MA 01949. Please send photo and price.

Alan S. Glos

Walter,

Here is a photo of my plastic Sunfish rudder cheek assembly with the crack making it "display grade." A new one costs $90 at Sunfish Direct. It is missing the stainless steel pintle (pin) that attaches the rudder head to the stainless gudgeon btacket bolted to the transom on the Sunfish hull. If you can''t "McGuiver" something for your display, you can buy a new one at Sunfish Direct for $24: Sunfish, Pintle and Spring, 85082 I want $12 for the rudder cheek assemby.

The aluminum tiller straps shown in the photo attach the tiller to the top of the rudder blade. The stainless steel attachment bolts and nylon bushings are included. I want $24 for these straps, bolts and bushings. A new set sells for $66.

USPS Shipping would probably be in the order of $12. I can let you know the exact amount if you want them. Terms: You mail me a check for the total, I mail the same day and the check and parts cross in the mail.

Let me know if you want them.

Alan Glos
4627 East Lake Rd.
Cazenovia,NY 13035

Attachments