Class Politics NA Newsletter arrives in D-15

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
Just seeing how fast everybody in NA gets them delivered. When didja get yours??

And the membership numbers...

I certainly hope the 900 is how many are signed up already for 2007.

Halfway through the year 2006 we had way over 2000 .

Anybody know the final membership tally for 2006??

Personally? I would have printed the biggest number available...end of 2006 and bragged rather than the small number already signed up for 2007 and try to scare us all into signing up...But I gotta admire the honesty!

I received mine in D12 this past week. I thought it was lost in the mail, so I emailed Sherri - she sent me a new one, which I also received last week.

The mail seems to be traveling rather slow these days.......

I got mine last week. As for membership renewals I found out by chance that mine had expired in December. No renewal notice was ever sent. Does the class send renewal notices?

I got mine last week. As for membership renewals I found out by chance that mine had expired in December. No renewal notice was ever sent. Does the class send renewal notices?

I gotta defend the secretaries on this one. The class uses bulk mail for everything but those renewal notices. Maybe your address has not changed and this does not apply to you. But lots of sailors never get around to telling the secretaries "I MOVED!! Here is my new address."

The renewal forms are sent out first class in the one annual attempt to get those forewording addresses. It is expensive to the class but well worth the return when we all can find you. In 2002 I probably found 300 members only because I sent first class letters and the post office sent me the information necessary to stalk the moved members until they renewed.

The only real reason the class keeps track of your name and address is so we all can use the information to invite you out to sail in fleets, regattas and maybe even to sailor parties.

Please...when in doubt, send a note to the secretaries. Tell them where you are.

While you are at it, include an article for the newsletter or some photos. They will never ever quit appreciating members who send either.
Thye never will have enough of either.

Hell..Have a party to plan the new season and collect funds from everybody for membership while they are there. Send one envelope with renewals and new membership forms for everybody.

And don't forget to include your schedule for the year. Include every regatta anywhere hear you. Then our secretaries can enter your stuff in the various published schedules and help you invite sailors to play with you.

vacating soap box...

next!

No need to defend the secretaries. I was not attacking anyone. I only asked if renewal notices are sent out by the class. As for helping the class....I'm in an active district and I chaired an event last year that attracted 8 new members to the class, (yes, I made joining the class an option on the registration form and for those that checked it off I filled out their information and made it a part of their registration package). I will do it again this year. BTW, I was e-mailing back and fourth with Tracy and he informed me my membership was expired. Which I am thankful for and I joined for 2 more years on line the next morning!

Back