Media My Laser refurb (#2)

loz

Just realised i never posted the photos of my Laser as a "work in progress" - have sailed her half a dozen times now and already feel rewarded for the effort :)

My previous Laser hull went missing last winter so I already had spars, foils, trolley, sail - the hull came from ebay and cost me £36... :D

Pics here (sorry about the quality, camera phone):
http://pics.livejournal.com/loz/gallery/0000k7ch

Hope you like them,
Loz

Cheers :)
The colour scheme was copied from the previous hull (I had paint left over!), I had done a lot of repair work on the deck/gunwales and it really looked shabby when I finished. I'd already decided the hull would be orange - mostly because the paint was knocked down to £1 per can - and wanted the deck to go nicely with it. The black satin certainly gets peoples' attention :p

Loz

Great restore job. How hot does the black get in the sun? In the southern US you'd have some well roasted buns after an afternoon of summertime sailing.

wow... thanx for the pics. good work! orange and black? gosh... at least you'll never loose THAT hull! heh heh

Good way to be OCS'd as the committee sees the only boat with a black deck over haha. Very original and gutsy.

Loz,

What type of paint did you use?

thanks,
Rob

i get there eventually (sometimes i just forget to read this forum!)... the orange is dulux gloss which i got for £1 a can and the black is a satin from one of the diy chains :)

Great restore job. How hot does the black get in the sun? In the southern US you'd have some well roasted buns after an afternoon of summertime sailing.

never really gets hot enough here to find out, thank goodness :-P

I am doing pretty much the same refurb, though my deck doesn,t need as much work (I got lucky), I was getting pretty discouraged until I saw your pictures, now I remotivated to finish that hull. I am using the original yellow. Thanks for posting

Back