My improved dagger board and rudder

Wow, that's so cool, I love the effort put into this project... I'll have to read the file about five times before I begin to understand all of it, LOL, but I LIKE the end results, and I like the way you went about obtaining them. Good luck to you in your endeavors, keep up the good work!!! Cheers!!! :cool:

Thank you CC. We are pleased with the results. As with all new innovations these will evolve based on user input. Anything that reduces drag is guaranteed to improve speed, so we're fairly sure that people will notice the difference. Lookout Lasers!

It has been interesting to see the improved products that are being developed for the Sunfish. The idea of being able to have two boats- a recreational and racing - in one is enticing. As a recreational and VERY casual weekend racer, I am not sure that I will be in the market for such a product (after all, I could get an even greater performance boost by simply dropping 40 pounds of excess weight from my gut), but anything that promotes sailing in general, and the Sunfish class in particular, is a great thing!

It has been interesting to see the improved products that are being developed for the Sunfish. The idea of being able to have two boats- a recreational and racing - in one is enticing. As a recreational and VERY casual weekend racer, I am not sure that I will be in the market for such a product (after all, I could get an even greater performance boost by simply dropping 40 pounds of excess weight from my gut), but anything that promotes sailing in general, and the Sunfish class in particular, is a great thing!

That is an interesting observation. Look at it the other way - keep your hard-earned weight and beat the skinny kids!

Based on initial user comments, we've tweaked a few things on both our FS rudder blade and the Sabre daggerboard. Otherwise they are performing well. details at aerosouth.net Thanks to all here for the inspiration, comments and support. In the AeroSouth Skunk Works now is a mod/kit to allow the Sunfish to foil above water. They say it's not possible. We want to at least give it a try. Anyone interested? We'll post some sneak-peak pictures here as things progress.

Back