My hello to all and introduction

Bunky9590

Hello everyone. I just bought my first Laser yesterday. I had an enjoyable first session on the water with it and am looking forward to the time on it. I will be using the search function for a lot of the tips/tricks as far as sailing faster and more efficiently. But wanted to say hello to all. I will be needing help in the future. Some really great detailed advice in the search. Thanks in advance. Hope to see some of you in the future.

Bunky9590 said:
Hello everyone. I just bought my first Laser yesterday. I had an enjoyable first session on the water with it and am looking forward to the time on it. I will be using the search function for a lot of the tips/tricks as far as sailing faster and more efficiently. But wanted to say hello to all. I will be needing help in the future. Some really great detailed advice in the search. Thanks in advance. Hope to see some of you in the future.

Welcome, Bunky9590. I'm glad you found the Search function. I use it all the time myself. Enjoy your Laser!

Merrily

Welcome aboard Bunky!
Hope you get the Laser bug as bad as the rest of us here!
Best regards,
Fishingmickey
150087/18115

Welcome aboard, this place is a gold mine of knowledge ! Don't be afraid to ask question, it's the best way to learn.

You'll love Lasers. Definitely one of the greatest sailboat built. Simple, yet technical. Small and light, yet tremendously capable.

Annie

Ninie said:
You'll love Lasers. Definitely one of the greatest sailboat built.
Annie

Nice crowd, too. Drive into a regatta parking lot with your boat on top of your car and strangers will come up to you before you're even parked, offering to help you lift it down. Then, if there's a postponement, you'll find some of the good, experienced sailors hanging round the parking lot teaching rigging and tuning to the newbies.

Chris123 said:
Nice crowd, too. Drive into a regatta parking lot with your boat on top of your car and strangers will come up to you before you're even parked, offering to help you lift it down. Then, if there's a postponement, you'll find some of the good, experienced sailors hanging round the parking lot teaching rigging and tuning to the newbies.

Thats where I fell for the lasers. I was working the MAYRA championships which were held at my home club. I was heading up the offload/parking detail and then was on the committee boat for the laser races. A week and a half later, I bought my boat.

Not only were the boats really fast and cool. The sailors and their families went out of there way to be nice. really , really great crowd of people. Thanks to everyone here for making me feel welcome.

Back