My boat on display at Scout event

Allatoona

There was a Scout Fest at a conventional hall in Atlanta Georgia last weekend. Since I am a leader with the Sea Scouts, we used my 1989 Capri 14.2 for our display along with 2 Puddle Duck Racers and a Catalina 22. The Capri was a great centerpiece for our display, and we used the sail of one Puddle Duck for our projector screen.

I snapped a couple of pictures with my boat rigged in the hall. Also, a couple pictures of some of the rigging (better pictures than the last set from inside my garage). These pictures were the night before all the action, so the place is a little dark and empty.

If you are not familiar with the Puddle Duck Racers, they are home built plywood sailboats you can make on your own. My Sea Scout Ship did a fund raiser and framed out 18 boats and sold them all off except for 3 we kept for ourselves. We sponsored last years World Cup regatta and this years Regional Cup regatta.
Puddle Duck Racers

Also, some pictures from the recent Regional Cup regatta - you can see me in the Capri 14.2 in a couple of the pictures, they couldn't keep up with my Capri. Pictures are on my sailing club webpage, South Winds Sailing Club:
Redtop Regionals

Pictures of my boat on display at the Scout Fest.

-Robert
1989 Capri 14.2
1984 Catalina 22

Attachments

• IMG_0828a.JPG
    IMG_0828a.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0820a.JPG
    IMG_0820a.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0812a.JPG
    IMG_0812a.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 28
Question about photo

Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm brand new to the Capri; a 1984 mod 1. It looks there is a line by the outhaul - is that a topping lift to hold the boom up with sail it lowered? Haven't even sailed my yet, but when rigging in the yard, I noticed the boom can crash down when the main is lowered. BTW, I'm planning a sail this weekend. Excited!

Congrats on the boat, I hope you will enjoy the boat. Get out and sail the boat.

I have had a blast with my Capri, and I don't use my Catalina 22 much anymore.

Yes, that is a topping lift I have clipped on at the end of the boom. Keeps the boom out of my face when the main is down. The middle pictures, is the block I have tied onto the jib halyard so I can get more purchase on the jib. It really helps to allow me to point into the wind more easily.

Have a look here for a few more pictures, if you haven't seen already:
Capri14.2 Knocked down

-Robert
1989 Capri 14.2 Mod2
1984 Catalina 22

Back