My 2006 side damage ground down some

shorefun

Here is the side damage in my 2006 I am hoping I have ground it back far enough.

This repair will have inside patches done first. I get to the inside so I will start with a backing patch. I will have a form to make the rounded edge from the back side too. Might even get clever and lay out some gel coat first.

The deck I am going to make a backer patch on the bench out of glass then slide it in and hold it tight. For the curved edge I am going to pull the deck down to a spacer and build it up. Then the I will likely Thixo epoxy to glue it together.\

This hull weighs at 125lbs.

Now to wait for warm enough weather in NJ.

Attachments

• IMG_2266[1].JPG
    IMG_2266[1].JPG
    821.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2265[1].JPG
    IMG_2265[1].JPG
    769.1 KB · Views: 42
Here is the side damage in my 2006 I am hoping I have ground it back far enough.

This repair will have inside patches done first. I get to the inside so I will start with a backing patch. I will have a form to make the rounded edge from the back side too. Might even get clever and lay out some gel coat first.

The deck I am going to make a backer patch on the bench out of glass then slide it in and hold it tight. For the curved edge I am going to pull the deck down to a spacer and build it up. Then the I will likely Thixo epoxy to glue it together.\

This hull weighs at 125lbs.

Now to wait for warm enough weather in NJ.
Open plastic grocery bag, and tape it flat to the deck next to the repair area. (Most sheet plastics will work).

Cut cloth to be bigger than repair area, and build up two layers. The cured piece will give you a patch with the curves desired. Grind or cut away what you don't need, adhere under deck (less edge-roll area).

Build up missing deck. Leave room for MarineTex, and use plastic wrap atop the uncured MarineTex to leave a smooth, gelcoat-like finish.

Back