Moving "up"??

Stache

If you were going to "move up" from a Sunfish to a sailboat you sit in rather than on (one more suitable for two full size adults) which would you choose and why??
AMF Puffer or O'day Widgeon??

Last edited:
Thanks Eddie_E. None of them are for sale near me or my budget. I have to choose between the Puffer or the Widgeon. Living in NH one item in consideration is that boats under 13' do not need the $45/yr. registration.

Arizona has a similar rule, when I first arrived I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my 12' Minifish required no registration. The amount wouldn't have been that great had I paid, but in this day & age I'll take every break I can get... leaves more for steaks & beers, aye??? :rolleyes:

Thanks Eddie_E. None of them are for sale near me or my budget. I have to choose between the Puffer or the Widgeon. Living in NH one item in consideration is that boats under 13' do not need the $45/yr. registration.
I understand the registration thing, as I'm from Mass. We don't need the registration until we put a motor on it though. My wife and I are over 50 now and found a 14' to be a little tight, but fun. A 12 ' would have been a divorce and that would cost more than $45. I would mention the Hobie Wave, but they are way over priced around here. There was a cheap one in Conway last week, but I don't know if it's still around.

HaHa, that divorce line is hilarious... have to tack on a few zeros before you're even in the ballpark. :confused:

Pulled the trigger this afternoon.
Widgeon.
In better shape than the Puffer and from all my research I believe I will be happier with it.
The Sunfish is NOT for sale...….. yet.
DSCN0557.JPG

Back