mounting a whisker pole

javier533

Hi all:

I've recently acquired a capri 14 and ordered a new whisker pole for it. Can anyone help me figure out the best place to mount the whisker pole when not in use (hardware required and where to get it)? I've seen mountings on different kinds of boats that go on the booms and some that mount vertically on the mast. I plan to race this boat so easy access would be a great help.
thx,
j
________
Live Sex Webshows

Whisker pole

I agree with Richard. I've seen all kinds of ways to store poles, but the experienced racers usually come back to the basic, and ultimately, best way, and that's to simply toss it on the floor. Remember the old Russian expression, "Better is the enemy of good enough."

When you get your pole it should come with a plastic attachment bracket that goes on the mast. That goes 3 feet above the deck.

On the Boom

Javier: Many of us place the whisker pole when not in use on the starboard side of the boom; the aft end of the pole slips into a short piece of pvc pipe, and the forend attaches onto a ring, both screwed onto the boom. In the heat of racing the pole is usually dropped onto the cockpit floor after jibing around the mark and left there until easier to put back onto the boom. Javier, I see you listed as in Scotsdale so you may want to come to our upcoming clinic Jan 11 in Gilbert. See our Fleet 24 forum in Fleet News on this site (see Home Page and look for Fleets & Info for more info. about this and also about racing at Tempe Town Lake. Dick K.

Back