motor

When I bought mine used, it had a nice motor mount set left of the rudder. I have an electric trolling motor I plan to use. It won't be pretty if I turtle. But, If there is thatbmuch wind, ( shouldn't need to load the motor, right. Just enjoy what nature brings you.
Tennessee Charlie,

Motor Mount Options

Eddie,

You can go cheap by simply attaching the motor to the transom with a piece of wood to distribute the pressure from the motor clamps, or may consider alternative motor mounts attached to either side of the transom and avoid contacting the rudder.

I elected to attach a removable aluminum adjustable motor mount (Fulton model with a transom adapter) attached to the port side transom. I have a 2HP Yamaha short shaft length motor that weighs less than 20 pounds fueled. It has ample power and economy.

I can adjust the motor up and down with the spring loaded lever. I remove the motor and mount as a unit when I trailer the boat or if I elect to sail w/o power.

Can search for alternative motor mounts on-line from box type that are not adjustable (<$50) to adjustable and removable models from C-ME Marine (around $130 for the adjustable mount to $200 with the transom adapter).
http://www.c-mesales.com/contents/en-us/d62.html

I always call and inquire about the latest discounts before ordering on-line given the competitive nature of this economy....

Rick

Back